Monday, April 9, 2012

Wisteria and Easter Weekend

Easter weekend is one of my favorite times of the year.  Since we live in a warm climate the weather has broken and I am able to enjoy the flowers that are blooming, and the greening of the grass.  Working in the yard refuels my soul and I spent the day before Easter weeding, clipping and breathing in the new life that is popping out everywhere...including the weeds.  Easter morning we attended a truly breathtaking service at our church, where I was delighted to sing "He is Risen."  And in the afternoon we visited my family on the island...eggs were hunted, Easter dresses were stained and torn, and we came home fat and peaceful.


This wisteria is beautiful to the eye and the ear, as it is buzzing with activity.


And as I edited these photographs I realized that the quiet spiritual weekend has passed and our house is abuzz with the same kind of activity, as we return to school and work this morning.


What was your Easter weekend like?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...