Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Something You May Not Know About Savannah

In honor of my 42nd birthday this week I have asked my family to create posts about me which might details aspects or my personality or incidents in my life, that you are not familiar with.  This comes from my oldest daughter, who is 18 years old.


As you all know my mother, Savannah McQueen, is a homeschooling photographer who enjoys baking tremendously, along with reading and blogging. She's a knowledge sponge with a slight case of OCD, and has a humorous disposition. However, this blog doesn't really expose all of my mother's traits. I am here to fill in the gaps, and to clarify exactly who my mother is. (In the nicest way possible, of course.)

My mother is pretty terrifying for most human beings. This is nothing negative towards her, it's just a trait most homeschool moms posses and shouldn't be confused for any harsh feelings or a bad attitude. Homeschool mothers like herself in this region are typically very fierce, and are definitely a force to be reckoned with.  My brother and I often kid about how people doing business with our mother just shouldn't give her any friction, and despite the joking and slight dramatization on our behalf, there is a lot of truth to it.  For instance, let's say my mother ordered a dozen hot donuts, but receives a dozen cold ones and the individual at the window refuses to take them back and replace them with what she ordered.  By the time we leave the donut shop, we will have a dozen cold donuts, two dozen hot donuts, a free coffee, a free t-shirt, a coupon, and a sincere written apology from the owner of the company.  We're not completely sure if this is because she makes the individual who's giving her friction feel so horrible for making the mistake and not correcting it the first time she asked, that he/she feels the need to over compensate, or because they're just terrified of her.  Keep in mind, that during her wrath, she neither uses threats  or profanity of any sort.  She simply explains to them very thoroughly what exactly they did wrong, why it's wrong that they did it, and so on and so forth.  She simply uses the truth to her advantage.

My mother is a shuffler. I can't remember what the inside of my house looked like last year, or the year before, or the year before that.  This is because every year around Christmas, my back starts to ache.  Why?  Because before we have any Christmas decorations out, we have to clean, and when we clean, my mother realizes that she wants every piece of furniture in our house in a different place.  So I go ahead and get the icy hot packs out, because I'm going to be her personal furniture-shuffling helper for the next twenty four hours or more.  

My mother is an awkward television watcher. When my mother says, "Would y'all like to watch a movie?" it should be correctly translated as, "It's 8 o'clock and I'd like to sleep for an hour and a half or more, and I won't make it past the music of the 20th century fox logo."  She's not always this way with TV, though. If you turn on Frasier, Cheers, or America's Funniest Home Videos, she will gravitate towards the living room with her laptop in hand, ready to blog and giggle at the same time.  I'm sure it's relaxing for her compared to the rest of the day.

My mother is an early bird. This is probably my… Least favorite quirk of hers.  I am a night person, and one of my most dreadful border line child abuse like memories as a child was her coming into my bedroom early in the morning, singing.  Loudly.  Much to my dismay, she kept her early bird habits through my life even until now.  Her chipper attitude is still an annoying thing to wake up to. What she doesn't realize, is while she was doing her 4:30am bible study and meditation time, I was just entering deep sleep.  So when she emerges from her chamber, chipper and awaking the household, I haven't even finished a dream yet. 

I hope this helped you get to know my mother a bit better.  I could go on for a while, but she told me I couldn't write anything that would make her lose followers.  So to sum things up, my mother is a clean freak, an early bird, a blogger, a photographer, a fierce homeschool mother, an organizer and shuffler, and avid Christian. 


To read part 2 - click here.
To read part 3 - click here.

This post is linked here:







Celebrating Family 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...