Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Virtual Stir-Fry Gardens and Pallet-Planters


This year my children will be growing a Growums Stir-Fry Garden.  I've been sent this kit which includes an online virtual website, to review. 


They have planted their bok choy, peas, broccoli and carrots.


And then they will go online to how their virtual stir-fry garden is growing.
While at the Growums site they can learn through videos presented by the Growums characters.



And play garden related games...

I am really excited about this project and I will review it when we get closer to harvest.  If you'd like to buy your own kit to share with your children, here is the link to their site, and you might check Lowe's.

Now...the real garden has been planned and we are just starting to see our new seedlings sprouting their real leaves.  I do not have one place in my yard that gets enough light to plant everything we want to grow.  This area in front of the rabbit house will be the garden for the zucchini, yellow squash and cucumbers.



For a year now, we've been adding the old straw from the rabbit house to this area.  Since it is mounded we have added a few watermelons, as per the children's request.  Along each side I will be growing Dixie Lee Peas.




Lastly...
I have a project this week.
I'll be turning these pallets into planters.  And they will hold our tomatoes, peppers and a few non-vining cucumbers. 



To get more earth shattering Hammock Tracks' gardening updates in your inbox add your email address below.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Photobucket Growing Home and Bloomin Tuesday
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...