Monday, February 6, 2012

As I Gaze

Sometimes a picture just inspires thoughts.

As I gaze at these photos of my youngest I think...

Wow!  What a place to swing and let you imagination flow.

How did time fly by so quickly?  Is she really six years old?

How many more years before pink dresses don't make her day a perfect one?

Why isn't she wearing shoes?


I am so glad her father hung this swing.  So much of what she plays with is left over from the older children.


How much longer will the fence that her grandfather installed continue to stand?


Will she remember this swing, and her Daddy pushing her on it when she is grown?




"He'd fly through the air with the greatest of ease,
That daring young man on the flying trapeze".

I hope she holds on.

Oh my gosh, those legs are cute...and skinny.



But mostly I think...


You blink in your children are grown.  Her eighteen year old sister was this age just a few weeks ago, wasn't she?   I am still 25 years old, right?  


Oh that's right, I went to my annual eye exam today and they mentioned the dreaded word -   bifocals


And then I think...


I need to quit staring at photos of my children.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...