Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Ginger Turns 18

Today is the birthday of my oldest daughter.  She has decided that she wants to be a pilot and as a birthday present she got to take a flight with a friend of a friend.  Here she is with her father moments before loading the plane.  Yep...they both look 18 years older than they did on December 8, 1993.


She learned how to get into the plane.


And then she grinned as though she was four years old again.


They were not quite as big as the jet behind them.


Ah...the smile (well enhanced by braces a few years ago) returns.  The orthodontist called her his greatest achievement.  I'd say it was well worth it.


And they were off...


Time sure does fly.  Could it be that my vampire baby (she never woke before midnight and was back asleep before the sun rose) is now an adult?


Much love to my sweet Ginger.  We are so proud of you.  Now I just need to figure out how many Hail Mary's I'll need to say, and how many cats I'll need to sacrifice in order to keep you safe as you pilot yourself through the air.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...