Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hammock Track Tales - My Flowering Beauty

My gardening mantra is, "If it thrives without regular watering, weeding or spraying it can stay."  Recently a lovely little vine with white dainty flowers took up residence on the edge of my pond.  Not only does it meet all of my gardening requirements, but it is also self planting.  What a plus.  It is mounded and blooming as if I tried to create this lush green look on purpose.


I'm not the only one who likes this vine.  It is crawling with many varieties of insects, and you can hear it humming as you approach.  I'm not sure what kind of wasp this is but he was very willing to "sit" for my photo.  I wish my kids would cooperate like this.


I am fascinated with how each white pedal is frayed on the edge.  It gives the plant a very lacy appearance.


I've brought my other plant mysteries to this blog and you have always helped me solve them.  Does anyone know what vine this is?

Oh and if you need an image for a hallmark card, what do you think of this one?


Not that many wasps are used in greeting cards.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...